Waitress: Hello, this is Grandma's Home Restaurant, what can I do for you?
服务员: 您好!这里是外婆家餐厅,有什么可以为您效劳的吗?
Peter: Hi, this is Peter. I'd like to place a delivery order.
彼得: 您好,我是彼得。我想点一份外卖。
Waitress: No problem. What would you like to have?
服务员: 没问题,您想吃点什么?
Peter: My Chinese friend suggested that I should try your veal, grilled lamb chops and mapo tofu.
彼得: 我的中国朋友建议我尝一下你们的小牛肉、烤羊肋排和麻婆豆腐。
Waitress: Yes, these dishes are very popular among locals. They are worth a try.
服务员: 好的,这几个菜也深受当地人的欢迎,非常值得一试。
Peter: Fantastic. I also want some rice.
彼得: 太棒了,我还想点一些米饭。
Waitress: Sure. What's your address?
服务员: 没问题,请问送到哪个地址?
Peter: The Asian Games Village.
彼得: 亚运村。
Waitress: I see. Our delivery guy will call your number at the village gate.
服务员: 明白了。我们的外卖员到了亚运村门口后会给您打电话的。
Peter: OK. How long does it usually take?
彼得: 好的,大概需要多久?
Waitress: It usually takes 20 minutes to prepare.
服务员: 一般20分钟左右。
Peter: Sounds great. Thanks a lot.
彼得: 好的,非常感谢!
Waitress: You are welcome. Bye.
服务员: 不客气,再见!
遇到外宾点外卖时,通常会用到:
place a delivery order(点一份外卖)
delivery guy(外卖员)
向外宾推荐菜品时,可用:
This dish is very popular.(这个菜很受欢迎)
It is worth a try.(这个菜值得一试/品尝)
询问地址也是电话外卖中难以避免的环节,英文可用:
What's your address?(您的地址在哪儿?)
Where shall we send the delivery to?(需要我们把外卖送到哪里?)
本期文本由浙江旅游职业学院曹健老师提供