Xiao Ming: Can I give you a hand?
小明:需要我帮忙吗?
Peter: Sure.Can you tell me where the nearest post office is?
彼得:是的。请问最近的邮局怎么去呢?
Xiao Ming: Of course.Go straight ahead. Turn right at the next street.You'll see a tall grey building.The post office is on the first floor with the logo in Chinese and English.
小明:先直走,到了下一条街时右转,你会看到一幢灰色的高楼。邮局就在这幢楼的一楼,有中英文的标志。
Peter: Do you mean that I go that way for one block,then turn right?
彼得:你的意思是我往那条路走一个街区,然后向右转,对吗?
Xiao Ming: Yes,you're right.
小明:对的。
Peter: Is it far?
彼得:邮局离得远吗?
Xiao Ming: No,only about five minutes'walk.
小明:不远,大约五分钟的路程。
Peter: Thank you for your help.
彼得:谢谢你的帮忙。
Xiao Ming: It's my pleasure.
小明:我很荣幸。
日常生活中,很多人会主动开口,询问陌生人是否需要帮助;或者在服务性行业中,提供服务方会主动向顾客表达是否需要提供服务。那么用英语可以如何表达呢?有以下三种方式:
直接粗暴式:Need help?需要帮忙吗?
彬彬有礼式:What can I do for you, madam/sir?
Can I give you a hand?
May I do you a favor?
我能帮忙吗?
直截了当式:Is there anything I can do for you?我可以帮你什么忙吗?
本期文本及语音由浙江旅游职业学院楼靖老师 提供