Xiao Ming: Excuse me, sir. It seems that you need help. Is there anything I can do for you?
小明:不好意思,先生,您看上去需要帮助,有什么我能帮到您的吗?
Peter: Oh yeah, I am a little confused about the bus route here.
皮特:是的。这个公交车线路我有点看不明白。
Xiao Ming: Where do you want to go?
小明:您想坐车去哪?
Peter: Well, I want to go shopping at the Sam’s Club.
皮特:我想去山姆超市买点东西。
Xiao Ming: I see. There are a couple of options, such as route 533 or 537.
小明:明白了。有好几路车到那里,比如533路和537路。
Peter: How much time does it take?
皮特:坐到超市需要多久?
Xiao Ming: They both take about half an hour. I would recommend route 533 because it is coming now. Look at that, that is route 533.
小明:两路车都需要半个小时左右。我推荐您坐533路,因为它马上到站了。您看,那辆就是533路。
Peter: Great!
皮特:太好了!
Xiao Ming: Actually I am also going to the Sam’s Club. I will take you there after we get off the bus.
小明:实际上,我现在也要去山姆,等下了公交,我带你走到超市。
Peter: Good. It is very kind of you.
皮特:好的,您真是太热心了!
Xiao Ming: It is my pleasure. Ok, let’s get on board now.
小明:不客气。我们上车吧。
Peter: Sure. Thanks.
皮特:好的,谢谢!
1. 公交路线的英文常表达为“bus route”,因此“几路公交车”的英文常为“route*”,比如对话中的“route 533”。而关于路线的读法,常有两种方式,以“533路”为例,一种是每个数字单独念(5—3—3),即“route five three three”,另一种念法是把第一个数字和后面两个数字分开(5—33),即“route five thirty three”。
2.亚运场馆周边有一些比较知名的购物场所,基本都有对应的英文名称,如:
山姆超市 Sam’s Club
开市客 Costco
银泰百货 Intime Department Store
朝龙汇 D-Park
3. 外宾在获得帮助后,常用“It is very kind of you.”表达感谢,有时也用“It’s so nice of you.”,这时,一般用“You are welcome./It’s my pleasure./I’m glad to help.”这些语句表示“不客气”。
本期文本及语音由浙江旅游职业学院曹健老师提供