Mary: I’d like to book a double, non-smoking room for next weekend.
玛丽:我想预定下周末的一间双人无烟房。
Xiaoming: I’m afraid we don’t have a double, non-smoking room available for those dates. Would a twin room be accepted?
小明:恐怕我们那几天没有多余的双人无烟房。双床房可以吗?
Mary: No. The smell of smoke makes me feel ill and I don’t want to spend the weekend smelling like an ashtray.
玛丽:不行。烟味让我感觉不舒服,我不想整个周末泡在烟味里,让自己闻起来像只烟灰缸。
Xiaoming: I understand. Let me see what else we have. We have non-smoking, single rooms. Would this be acceptable?
小明:我能理解。让我看看还有没有其他的房型。无烟单人房,您看可以吗?
Mary: That sounds fine.
玛丽:听上去还不错。
Xiaoming: I’ll also order a bottle of wine for your room on the house because of the inconvenience.
小明:因为给您造成了不便,酒店将免费赠送给您一瓶葡萄酒。
Mary: That’s very kind.
玛丽:太好了。
Xiaoming: Could I take your name, please?
小明:请问您如何称呼?
Mary: Yes, it’s Mary L. Jones.
玛丽:玛丽∙L·琼斯。
Xiaoming: OK, that’s all booked. You can check in at any time after 12:30 on Friday.
小明:好的,已经登记好了。您可以在周五12:30之后的任意时间来登记入住。
Mary: Thank you!
玛丽:谢谢。
酒店的客房总体分为两大类:room(房间)和suite(套房)。根据酒店的定位和特点,每个酒店的客房类型可谓千差万别。总体而言,包括以下这些:
Single room 单人房
Double room 大床房
Twin room 双床房
Standard suite 标准套房
Executive suite 商务套房
Deluxe suite 豪华套房
Presidential suite 总统套房
本期文本及语音由浙江旅游职业学院楼靖老师提供